The 2018 TRAVEL TRYOUT SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED SOON
The UMSC Soccer Travel Program includes teams for ages U9-U18 depending on the number of players interested and the availability of coaches. Some age groups may have both an A and a B team. Players are selected for teams based on tryouts. UMSC Travel teams play primarily in Inter-County Soccer League (ICSL) as well as other leagues depending on team desires. All Teams play a fall schedule (some teams may play in multiple leagues in the fall season). Teams may play winter indoor or spring soccer at the discretion of the coach. Many teams also participate in both indoor and spring EPYSA state cup tournaments. All UMSC Travel teams are affiliated with the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association (EPYSA) of the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA). Age group classifications specify that birth dates range from January 1 through December 31 of the birth year (See chart below). Players are encouraged to play in their age appropriate group. Per EPYSA regulations, all players must submit a copy of their birth certificate to show their proper age.
- Games are typically played on Saturday mornings generally starting the weekend after labor day and ending in Mid November. Some games may be played on Sunday or weeknights
- Game times start as early as 9am and can be as late as 4pm
- All games are at the Upper Moreland Middle School Fields or Pileggi Fields
- Parent Volunteers coach the teams
- Practices typically start the first week of August
- Practices are at coaches discretion but typically 2 per week
- Registration Typically opens Feb. 1st and closes the last week of March as tryouts are in early April.
- Tryouts are usually in late March or Early April
Soccer is $160. Uniform cost are additional and are the responsibility of the club members.